Thursday, February 21, 2008

Funny Joke??

I'm not exactly sure what's gotten into Alex Rodriguez, but he had quite an interesting quote in an article on ESPN.com yesterday. Here is the excerpt if you missed it:

Rodriguez also praised teammate Andy Pettitte, who was forced to give a deposition and affidavit to Congress in which he admitted using HGH in 2002 and 2004. Pettitte also said Roger Clemens discussed HGH use nearly a decade ago -- Clemens said Pettitte "misremembers."

"Andy is one of the greatest human beings I've ever met," Rodriguez said. "I have two daughters -- well, I have one and one on the way. If I had a daughter, I would want 'em to marry Andy Pettitte. The age difference might be a little awkward, but in today's day and age anything is possible."

Sure, it's good to see ARod back up one of his teammates, but what?! What did he just say? He would want his daughter to marry Andy Pettitte. Oh, well that's nice. Wait, how old is ARod's daughter Natasha Alexander? Three. Nice. And ARod, although it may not be your style, Andy appears loyal to his wife and four children already. So I guess we'll give ARod credit for toeing the line with a somewhat creepy but funny joke. But the last line is just weird. "In today's day and age anything is possible." Coming from ARod's mouth that just sounds too serious. Anyways I'll give credit to ARod for loosening up and trying to have some fun. Granted, it's spring training, so we'll see how long this mood lasts.


-Pat

Photo credit: lillypulitzer.com

No comments: