- It’s good to see some signs of life from Maryland, and the win against UNC puts us back into the tournament picture. Hopefully the upcoming game against Duke will be competitive; watching Duke dismantle us twice two years ago was too painful to experience again.
- As great as the UNC game yesterday was, the broadcast was abysmal. With the game going back and forth in the second half, ABC twice came back late from commercial after points had been scored. Also, every time Maryland took a lead, all Brent Musburger and Steve Lavin could talk about was how “North Carolina is capable of making a run.” Hey, guys, how about talking about what’s happening instead of what could happen?
- How much TV time did Tiki cost himself with his pre-season criticism of Manning and Coughlin? If not for those comments, he would have been on every NFL segment on ESPN the past two weeks. Now, he can’t try to praise the Giants and will seem stupid and petty if he rips them, so no one really wants to hear anything from him.
- For the record, I’d put my confidence in the Giants this game somewhere between “pessimistic” and “terrified.”
- The Knicks have won four of their last five without Starbury. Could he have really been the problem?
By Andrew Vitelli